A few weeks have passed since my last post, I've been generally whiny and feeling an overwhelming lack of energy ... to the point that the very thought of blogging was enough to make me tired. Blahh. Here's a condensed version of the last few weeks:
I've had three more ultrasounds ...... the 5th being at the Perinatologist office due to sudden onset of heavy bleeding around 9 1/2 weeks. Dr. Mann was not available, so I saw one of her colleagues Dr. Matsumoto ... or as she calls him: Dr. HOT-su-moto. She calls him this because, well, he's kinda young and hot. Not really the guy you want to see when you have to explain how you have blood gushing from your nether-regions. Yeah, so that was a pleasant experience. The good news is that he was able to very clearly see that the blood was originating at the cervix -- not the placenta -- so that was a best-case scenario for us really. Disaster averted.
My 6th ultrasound was done about a week later, another "quickie" scan at Dr. Garcia's office. And the 7th was last week, with Dr. Mann during our nuchal translucency screening. It was so fun to see the baby again ... wiggling and spinning and waiving. The best part was that I got excellent results from the screening and all seems to be progressing just as it should. I was only 12w1d at the time of the scan, but even so Dr. Mann offered to take a peek at the "special parts" to try and determine the gender. She squinted and strained and did everything but stand her her head ..... but alas, just too early to tell. She said if we'd had one more week it would've been so much more clear. I knew ahead of time that the chances of being able to determine the gender at 12wks is super slim so I really wasn't surprised or disappointed. I see her again in 2 1/2 weeks and she promised we would know for sure by then! :) I am still hoping for team PINK, all the while recognizing I get absolutely zero say in the matter and will simply have to take whatever is given to me! James says he is cheering for team Pink, but has a "feeling" it's a boy again this time. Only time will tell!
I saw Dr. Duncan (aka Dr. Genius) about two weeks ago for my hematology appt. My bloodwork from the previous appointment (taken around 7wks gestation) came back showing my Protein S levels to have plummeted down to 25. It is normal for Protein S to decline naturally during pregnancy, but it's definitely not normal for it to drop this low. We expected it, though, since the exact same thing happened at the very beginning of my pregnancy with Jamin, when my level was about 24 at week 7. The concern comes from the fact that my Protein S will continue to fall throughout the pregnancy, so then it becomes a game of "how low will it go???" All we can do is continue to watch it and adjust my Lovenox dosage as needed. But oooohhh how much better I feel this go-round just knowing I am in the hands of one of the most competent hematologists in the country and he is watching me closely. He took another 800 bottles of blood from me at my last visit and I am still waiting on those results. His nurse is actually supposed to call me tomorrow, fingers crossed.
I am now 12w5d and beginning to have some painful cramping. I saw Dr. Garcia today for my regularly scheduled appt ... he says I have a high # of white cells in my urine so he's speculating the pain is caused by a UTI, aka bladder infection. He sent off a culture of course, but the results will take 48hrs to get back to us so in the meantime he's already started me on an antibiotic just in case. Tonight the pain is literally worsening with each passing hour, so I'm beginning to feel a wee bit nervous and praying it's really just a UTI and not something more worrisome. I began having contractions with Jamin around week 16, and with Isaac at week 12 so of course my mind is already running away with that possibility. He also gave me a pap while I was there today (just because it was time), and so now I'm bleeding profusely again because my stinkin cervix apparently is so frail it begins to bleed if the wind blows too hard or if someone stares at me too long. Doesn't take much.
So I'm back to where I started: feeling generally whiny. Now you see why I took a break from blogging?? :)
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment