The lovenox shots started 5 days ago. I have made a vow not to complain, since we are blessed to be with child. So let me just say that I've *observed* these things hurt like MAD!
(See, not a complaint, just an observation)
Here, you can observe my bruises.
I'm thinking the bruises are simply a result of the fact that this stuff is made of gold or something. At least that's my assumption, since it cost almost $1200 for 30 injections. Thank God for our health insurance!!!
Currently I'm seeing Dr. Garcia every week, sometimes twice a week. I have my first appointment with Dr. Munjal (hemotologist) this week, and I'll see Dr. Mann (perinatologist) next week.
I'm still quite nervous about this whole thing, but trying very hard to remain hopeful. I've been at Dr. Garcia's office every few days to check my HcG and progesterone levels, so far they are really high! In fact we did a second ultrasound just to make sure it wasn't twins! That one really sent my brain for a loop during the few days we thought that could be a possibility, phew.
People keep asking me about my morning sickness, energy, blah blah blah ... the normal pregnancy stuff. Yes I feel like barf almost all the time. No I have no energy. But my mind is on such bigger issues that honestly all of that seems so trivial to me.
I would gladly barf every single day for 40 weeks if that's what was required for a healthy outcome.
Of course, if that's the case, then don't expect me to keep my vow about the complaining!
No comments:
Post a Comment