So I'm sure all 4 of my blog fans have undoubtedly noticed that I've been totally absent lately. The last few weeks I've been quite grumpy and just couldn't really think of anything remotely positive to say. Every time I would log on and start to update my blog, a bunch of angry complaints and whines would pour out and, not wanting to preserve my ugliness for all to see, I would hit the delete button. Trust me when I say, you should thank me for it.
So here's the condensed version of the last three weeks, to catch you all up to speed:
From an emotional standpoint, I've been a bit of a mess. Super hormonal, super grouchy .... and super annoying I'm sure. Mostly this has stemmed from an overwhelming frustration at my confinement, my inability to do anything for myself without some version of a babysitter chastising me like I'm 10 years old again, and my general lack of freedom and normalcy. Cabin fever doesn't even begin to describe it. We're talking about TEN FULL WEEKS of bedrest, afterall. Then there has been my constant inner battle, dealing with my intense discomfort for depending on other people, and my general refusal to accept help. My control freak issues have been especially ugly to deal with. The Lord is really trying to work that outta me and I've just been kicking and screaming the whole way.
From a medical standpoint, not much has changed. My cervix has continued to shorten, and at last measurement was back down to 1.7cm, which was the same measurement I had the day I was admitted to the hospital. The polyhydramnios has also returned, so I was back on another 72hour course of Indocin to try and reduce the fluid. We won't know if that was successful until tomorrow, when I see Dr. Mann again and have another ultrasound to measure everything. At this point, even if the extra fluid is not gone, our options are limited, because Indocin can not be taken at or beyond week 32 (can cause heart defects in baby past that time). So the course I took at week 31 was our last shot at reducing the fluid.
I've had a few issues w/ my blood work .... mostly my hemoglobin and hematocrit levels are continuing to lower, this is mostly just causing me to feel wiped out and icky. At my last two visits to the hematologist, my blood pressure was way low, around 80/59 .... so they gave me some IV fluids to try and perk me up.
Dr. Garcia told me yesterday that my cervix is now about 1cm dilated, which is really nothing to write home about.
So it's with much amazement that I report: I am still pregnant, and I could likely stay that way for a while longer! If I'm just being honest I must admit, I NEVER NEVER NEVER in a million years thought we'd get to week 33. But here we are, and I'm embarrassed to look back and realize once again that my faith has been sorely lacking.
Saw my OB yesterday, the hematologist today, and will see my peri tomorrow. I am interested to see how Jamin has grown since our last measurement, he should be about 4.5 - 5 lbs now if all is well! Isn't that astounding?
I promise I won't take a long absence again .... after all, I have 4 whole fans who are counting on me! But the break was a necessary one, and for your benefit, I promise!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment