Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!

So it turns out that spending every moment of every day stuck in bed makes it pretty much to impossible to do any meaningful shopping for your Valentine. Sorry honey. This is the best I'm able to do under the circumstances.

TOP 5 REASONS I LOVE BEING JAMES' VALENTINE:

1. James always makes me laugh. Always. He has this knack for taking extremely scary or stressful moments and making an inappropriatly hilarious comment to break up the tension. For instance, if we're at the doctor's office waiting nervously for test results, he will complain that there's never anything to read at the OB other than "Modern Vagina" Magazine, or he'll start analyzing the breastfeeding poster. It's like his goal in life is to make me smile.

2. I never EVER worry that he will trade me in for a younger, hotter wife. Because somehow he still thinks I'm young and hot, and he tells me so all the time. I have no idea how he believes this to be true, but I'm just glad that's the way it is. He even thinks fat and pregnant is still sexy. Go figure.

3. He is insanely loyal and protective of his 4 girls. God help you if you try to mess with his wife, his daughter, his mama, or his baby sister. A ferocious torrent of carnage and destruction will be released upon you.

4. James is an awesome dad. He has learned the difference between Littlest Pet Shop and Puppy in My Pocket. He fully grasps the importance of owning a ballgown and tiara to match every princess, and he will gladly stand in line for over an hour to meet Ariel. He isn't afraid to be the only man in attendance at the Glass Slipper Ball. He lives to make us happy.

5. Through all the trials and obstacles we've faced in recent years, especially during the times when I am overcome with worry and fear, he always tells me, "We'll be alright". And 99% of the time, I think he actually believes it.


Honey, you are a fantastic husband and father and I love you dearly. I pray that Jamin inherits your soft heart and your strong mind. And your sense of humor. And your lips. And maybe not your legs ... ya know, for the boy's sake. But all the rest. I pray that one day he will grow up to love his mother as much as you love yours, and to love and care for his own wife the way that you do me. Of course, I will have to take her down and arm wrestle her for his affection .... but we have several years before we have to worry about that. Happy Valentine's Day!!

Gracie wanted to write a "Valen-time" too. I typed out exactly what she told me:



Dear Daddy,


Happy Valentime's Day. I love you. Will you be my valentime? When I grow up I want to marry you. We will live in a tall building in Big City. We will read magazines and play on the computer and eat macaroni for dinner every night.


Love, Gracie.

No comments: