Sunday, February 8, 2009

Watch us grow!

Throughout our journey I've been keeping a small pregnancy journal, called The Belly Book. Fellow Mommies, if you're looking for a once-a-week easy way to keep your pregnancy memories organized, this book is for you. It's way cuter and easier to manage than my last one, which was a daily journal .... and really who has time for that anyways?

James has been taking pictures of my expanding tummy each week to put in the Belly Book. And I'm forever trying to organize all my ultrasound pictures to include in the book as well. That's quite a task since I've had so many. Today I began weeding through them once again, trying to get them put in chronological order and documented in the journal. When you spend 23.5 hours a day in bed, you find all kinds of little projects to keep your mind occupied.

It wasn't until today that I realized I've had THIRTEEN ultrasounds in just 27 weeks of pregnancy. I think my record was ten ultrasounds with Isaac; clearly I will far exceed that this time around. That's crazy to me.

But having them all laid out here on my bed was eye-opening. It was neat for me to look at the progression of Jamin's growth (not to mention MY growth!) ... and I wanted to share a glimpse with all of you. I've chosen just one pic from each ultrasound, so you can see how much Jamin has changed in 27 weeks.

(1) 4w6d; we could see the gestational sac but not the embryo!



















(2) 6w0d; teeeny tiny grey embryo:



















(3) 8w2d:

















(4) 9w2d:



















(5) 13w0d; the day we found out it was a boy:




















(6) 15w6d:





















(7) 18w2d:
























(8) 20wod; with legs way up high:






















(9) 24w0d:
























(10) 25w0d; front view of the face:



























(11) 26w0d; left foot:























(12) 26w2d; right foot:





















(13) 27w2d; front of face again:

No comments: