Gracie continued throwing up until about 2:00 today. Since then she has held down a popcicle, 1.5 pieces of bread, a small cup of applesauce, and about 8 ounces of water. Thank you Lord! Still no fever. Please continue to pray fervently, that she rests well tonight and has no further vomiting or fever at all tomorrow!
This evening after James finally got home I snuck out to have a pedicure. There's a little nail place about 500 yards from my neighborhood, and I was super desperate for a quiet moment away from the stress at home. Boy it did me a world of good! Having someone rub my feet for an hour made me feel like a million bucks! PLUS ....... the added bonus is that my toes are beautiful and I won't have to be embarrassed at the hospital. Well, okay, let's be realistic: LESS EMBARRASSED at the hospital, given the fact that I'll be naked from the waist down and chances are no one will be looking at my toes anyways. But I digress .........
By the time I left the nail place it was already dark. Driving home, I looked up and noticed that the moon was full and round. And it hit me like a ton of bricks: it will be a full moon this weekend when Jamin is born. This probably doesn't seem significant to you, but let me explain.
Isaac was born on a full moon, back on September 2, 2006.
Ever since that time, I see a full moon and immediately think of Isaac. I can't tell you how many nights I have spent over the last 2 1/2 years, staring at a full moon missing my little boy. For a long time the sight of it made me incredibly sad. But as time has passed, seeing a full moon now brings a smile instead of sadness. For me it feels like a connection to Isaac.
So tonight, driving home, after a marathon-stressful day ....... to glance up and see that moon was quite a moment. And knowing that Jamin will be born on Friday, when the moon is still full, that just seems so perfect to me. I feel like Isaac was sending me a little message ..... "I'm here, Mommy. I'm fine. And you guys will be fine too!"
I continued driving, my mind trailing off .... just feeling grateful for that moon and that moment. Suddenly I began hearing some words repeated over and over on the radio, which was playing quietly in the background. I turned up the volume. It was a song I'd never heard before. Repeatedly, this guy was singing:
"God will lift up your head"
"Your story soon will end in joy, end in joy, end in joy"
I have no clue who sings this, as I haven't been driving lately and therefore haven't been listening to the radio much at all. But those words stung my heart and instantly I felt an overwhelming peace hanging heavily over me. Yes, I cried a little bit. I *am* a wimp, afterall. But if you've ever been in a situation where you have clearly sensed a very close presence of the Lord, you'll understand why there were tears.
He always knows just what I need, and when. Tonight I just needed a little reminder that He is here, He is in charge, and He's got all this covered.
Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ?
Who is like you—
majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
working wonders?(Exodus 15:11)
1 comment:
I don't know you and it might seem weird but I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now. I found your link on a friend's blog.
I just wanted you to know that I have been so very inspired by you and your grace in handling all that life has given you.
I am lifting you and your family up in prayer as you prepare to receive your miracle.
May God bless your family and keep you...
Post a Comment