Friday, April 10, 2009

SO SLEEPY

IT'S 4:00 am. I AM UNFORTUNATELY AWAKE.

Contractions are very very painful. Having lots of pressure and pain in my cervix. I'm not hooked up to anything -- no monitors, no meds. They seriously haven't laid a finger on me other than the two little blood draws they did when I first arrived last night.

This pain is making me think I'm continuing to dilate. I don't know if I'm in "active labor" or not. But I do know my body well enough to declare that Jamin will be here today, whether they give me pitocin or not! He is coming on his own accord. So much for "induction"! Boy God's timing just amazes me sometimes.

I slept a bit from about 1:00 until 3:15 am. But been up since then. The contraction/cervical pain is keeping me awake, as well as really bad pain in my back. I'm also having trouble getting comfortable in bed due to the soreness in my belly at the spot where the amniocentesis needle was inserted yesterday morning. It is very sore to any movement or touch.

My bloodwork showed platlets at 173 and PTT was 26, both within nomal range. Praise God! So we are safe to go forth with the epidural. They are calling downstairs to pharmacy to make special arrangements for an epidural mix without fentanyl.

James fell into a coma-like sleep about 2.4 minutes after he laid down last night -- actually before the nurse even left my room and all the lights were still on! He has slept like a log all night and doesn't seem disturbed by the fact I'm up going to the bathroom every thirty minutes!

Pitocin and epidural should get started around 7am. I've got less than 3 hrs to get some rest. Please pray for epidural free from allergy problems, normal blood pressure, labor/delivery with no complications, Jamin healthy and strong.

Stay tuned .............

No comments: