Thursday, April 9, 2009

T minus 9 hours

THURSDAY NIGHT UPDATE, PART TWO:

A quick update .... we're here at Northside. The admissions process was farily quick and painless, praise the Lord! I am in room C2 on the ground floor. My nurse is Rachael, she is super sweet.

We just finished the 60minute process of paperwork. I am hooked up to the monitors waiting on the midwife, Mia, to come by to confirm Dr. Garcia's orders for the night. I think we've got the Cervadil confusion ironed out, so I'm relieved about that.

I'm soooooooooooo extrememly tired, I'm really wanting to unpack my bag and get ready for bed so I can go ahead and get some sleep. Problem is I'm not allowed off the monitor until Mia gets here, so I'm stuck waiting for a bit. I'm so desperate for some shut-eye!

I'm anticipating that Mia will order IV fluids through the night like Dr. Garcia had planned, and then we'll begin pitocin first thing in the morning when he arrives. Should be early, like 7:30ish.

James is THRILLED with our room, because it has an actual "bed" for him rather than the fold-out chair thingy that requires the bottom 3 feet of his body to hang off the end! He says he feels like a frat boy in a dorm room. :) Then he noted that the only thing cooler than this arrangement would be if we had bunk beds.

Please continue to pray for us: good sleep tonight, no labor until the morning, labor/delivery free of complications and a healthy strong baby.

We will update in the morning...........

No comments: