Thursday, April 9, 2009

GREEN LIGHT!

THURSDAY NIGHT UPDATE

So ............. not much time, it will be short:

Got the call from Northside Hospital about 6pm. Amnio results are in and showed mature lungs! Praise the Lord, all our prayers are being answered one by one!

Laura just came and picked up Gracie. James and I sat down and ate Monterrey's take-out for dinner ... I pigged out majorly since I know that once I arrive at the hospital they will not allow me to eat until after delivery.

James is loading up our bags right now and we will be on the road to Northside in about 10 minutes.

Please pray for smooth admissions process. There was some confusion on the phone with the nurse who called me, she said I was scheduled for a "Cervadil induction". Cervadil is a medication that is commonly given the day before induction, it is inserted vaginally and softens the cervix in preparation for the next day. However, Dr. Garcia specifically told me last week that he does NOT want me to have Cervadil tonight, because I am so "ripe" that it will likely put me in to labor and I would end up delivering before he arrives at the hospital tomorrow morning. I explained this to the nurse over the phone .... she said we would worry about it once I got there.

So please pray that this issue is corrected easily with minimal stress. Also pray for no delivery overnight! Jamin can't arrive until AFTER 7am tomorrow morning!!! Please pray for James and I to get restful sleep tonight, and for Gracie to continue to feel better tomorrow. And of course, the biggie: pray for a supernatural labor and delivery with no complications, and Jamin strong and healthy!!

Will update again once we are settled into the hospital and have a room number, etc.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PRAYING!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Simply Andi... said...

Great news Kristi. I am praying that all goes very smoothly from here on out. God bless all of you. Hope you get some much needed rest.

stephanie said...

Yeah! My mom was actually over for dinner and I came up to check on things bc she was so worried. :) We are definitely going to the Father on your families behalf.