As I lay here day after day I often find myself falling into the tried-and-true Kristi habit of worrying endlessly and obsessing over scary pregnancy things. So to keep my brain occupied, lately I've been working on little projects when I feel well enough to get out of bed. Don't worry ... I don't go far! Just to the little card-table in the corner of my bedroom where I've set up my sewing machine.
My first project were the curtains I made for Jamin's nursery:
Once I started sewing again, the crafty bug really took over and I decided to try some new things. I made this blue chenille liner for Jamin's laundry basket. It matches his room perfectly!
Then I switched my focus from room decor over to clothes. I started making fun appliqued onesies, which was a totally new thing for me. I'm so impressed with how cute they turned out, and I can't wait to see my little guy wearing them!
The next thing I really want to learn is to sew baby pants. I wish I had time to try it out before Jamin gets here, but at this point I'm struggling to wrap up all my projects in preparation for next week's induction .... so tackling NEW things at this point seems unwise. Oh well. I will teach myself to do it one day! :)
3 comments:
I'm thinking that if you ever find any free time after Jamin arrives you should start an Etsy shop! Those onesies are adorable!
You guys, as always, are in my prayers.
I AM LOVING YOUR CREATIVE SIDE!!!!!!
Now I want to get out my sewing machine!
Your taste = my taste.
I am smelling a blogging career here!
Way to go Kristi! Those are adorable!! It makes me want to whip out my sewing machine - we'll see!!! I love your ideas - have you stitched around the appliques? Mine never turn out neat enough!
Post a Comment