Monday, January 19, 2009

Bedrest sucks....

... And bedrest with a sick preschooler sucks even more! :)

Last night I was tucking Gracie into bed and noticed she felt hot to touch. She had been complaining all day that her cheek hurt, but I just assumed she must have grinded her teeth that night while sleeping and was being a typical drama-queen. So I didn't think anything of it until bedtime when I noticed she felt like fire! I took her temp and it was 103.3. Yikes. Needless to say, she was up all night and I'm functioning on about 2 hours of sleep.

So, this afternoon we ventured to see Dr. Kaufman. Gracie cried the whole way there despite my frequent promises that we would NOT be getting any shots. Guess she didn't believe me. She continued to scream her head off once we left the turtles in the waiting room and walked back to the exam room.

The whole trip was quite a challenge and frankly I'm exhausted. So much for bed"rest".

Praise the Lord it was just an ear infection (only her second one ever!), so we stopped by the pharmacy, and after much pleading and negotiating she has taken her first dose of antibiotic. She is now happily curled up on the couch watching Tom & Jerry, and I'm finally laying down upstairs wondering how realistic it is to have actual Bedrest when you've got a 4 1/2 year old who is home all but 9 hours a week!

This is gonna be a looooong 16 weeks!

No comments: