Friday, January 30, 2009

MIRACLE!

It's 11:30 am ... not much time to post so please excuse the lack of substance, I will fill in the details later:

Just returned from my ultrasound with Dr. Mann. I am in awe of what we saw. I was praying the cervix would measure 1.7 again, the same as Wednesday, meaning it was staying the same with no further loss of thickness. Apparently I underestimated God.

Today I am measuring 2.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not even know it was possible to regain length like that. Dr. Mann explained that it can sometimes happen when extreme bedrest measures are taken and ALL pressure is removed from the cervix. She said she would allow me to go home as soon as I arranged my home situation to be exactly like my hospital bedrest has been here for the last three days. Then she turned and began to leave the room. So I yelled after her "Wait! What does that mean?". She replied that I can just notify her when I have gotten things in order in my house ... that could be sometime today or sometime next month. They would send me upstairs to the perinatal unit until things were all set at home. So I begged and pleaded and promised that I will not lift a finger can I puleeeeeeze go home now?!?

She cocked her head to one side, wagged her finger, made several threats, and then said okay. SO I'M GOING HOME!!!

I've just been brought back upstairs; I have to sit on the monitors for a little while longer, get one more injection of 17P, and then they will begin the discharge paperwork.

Thank you all so much for the prayers, God has certainly heard and He is doing big things! Please keep the prayers coming!

Many people are offering, "let me know if you need help" ..... quite honestly I'm not very good at calling and asking for help. It's a pride thing, I dunno, I need to get over it. But if you're wanting to try and help in some way, these are the things I think I will need the most:

(1) prayer: This is the biggest thing you can do to help us right now, please keep lifting up Jamin's name to the Lord. Pray for speedy maturation of the lungs, heart, and nervous system. Pray for many more weeks in utero.

(2) meals: My family hasn't eaten a "real" home cooked meal in over 3 weeks and I would just about saw off my right arm to get one. James absolutely does not get along with the kitchen very well, anything beyond a PBJ sandwich is just a little out of his element. So something that's mostly prepared, that he could just pop in the oven and serve would be the equivalent of giving us a gift worth a million dollars. Anything frozen is fab too.

(3) my shadow: I am literally supposed to be in bed at all times except to go to the bathroom. That makes being home alone with a preschooler a bit of a challenge. I need the most help on MWF in the afternoons, Tuesday all day, or Thurs until about 3:00. Even if she could get out of the house for an hour or so just to play or go to lunch that would be huge.

Will try to update more later.

No comments: