Friday, January 23, 2009

Relief!

Finally: I can catch my breath!

Had my weekly appointment with Dr. Garcia today. He took a Fetal Fibronectin sample and sent it off to the lab. I held my breath for 6 full hours until the nurse called with the results: NEGATIVE! Praise the Lord for that!!! I feel so much better knowing I can relax a bit since chances of something happening within the next 14 days is small. Dr. Garcia said he would most likely repeat the test every 2weeks from now on just to keep a super-close eye on things.

They also did my glucose screening, which required chugging that lovely orange-syrup nonesense and then more needles. Yick! I should get those results next week.

YAY for finally catching a break! :) I celebrated by doing something I swore I'd never do: I created a baby registry. Online of course, can't venture out to a store - doctor's orders! But seriously this feels like a huge step for me. I am still feeling very hesitant about the thought of actually having a baby shower - I've had two sweet offers to host but honestly I still feel really wierd about that and I'm not sure whether or not I'll accept. Mostly because it's a second baby and so that feels selfish in a way, but also because I guess I haven't fully let myself trust that we are truly going to have a healthy baby at the end of all this.

Even still, feels like progress to me. Baby steps.

No comments: