Well it's about freakin time! We have finally agreed on a name. Neither of us got exactly what we wanted, and so neither of us are totally happy. But it was a true compromise, that's for sure!
About ten minutes after learning that we would have another son, James decided he wanted to name the baby Cash, in honor of his love-affair with Johnny Cash. See my previous post about that here. Since I'm not a huge fan of this very ... ahem ... unique name (read: weird), I have been busting my butt trying to come up with a suitable alternative that James would agree to. He's quite picky and every single name I suggest he basically hates. I have loved the name Jamin, (JAY-min) .... it's a Hebrew name that means "God has favored". I just think that is so appropriate for this little one, as God has certainly shown mercy and favor on him from day 1 in this whole process! I also like that the name sounds derived from the name James. Since Isaac's first name is James, we can't exactly re-use it! But with Jamin it still comes across to me as a nod to his father.
Only problem is that James doesn't like the name! Figures. He has been dead-set on Cash, and me on Jamin, for quite some time. I was actually hoping for Jamin Cooper.
And so, we've waited forever and ever to come to an agreement .... mostly because we couldn't get past the mental fear of "jinxing" the pregnancy once a name was picked, and also because we knew it would be a point of great contention and neither of us wanted to fight about it.
Finally last night, we did it. We made the great leap and agreed .... he will be Jamin Cash. Unfortunately, I'm still not a fan of Cash. I'm praying it grows on me! And James is still not a fan of Jamin! Isn't that funny? But we agreed nonetheless, it's a done deal. Marriage is supposed to be a compromise, afterall!
Just for giggles, I'll include some of the other names that didn't make the cut:
Josiephus Shadrack Wren (our joke name; I picked after James said he would like to try and find a biblical name .... so I started suggesting every obnoxious weird name from the Bible I could think of)
Nolan (James has tried to name all three of our kids Nolan, after Nolan Ryan, and all three times the answer has been a resounding NO)
Jennings (James liked to honor old-timey country star Waylon Jennings. I actually like the name alot but worried that people would try to shorten it since it's kind of a mouthful .... and didn't want anyone calling him Jenni or Jen or something else feminine sounding)
Braxton (Kristi's pick)
Cooper (Kristi's pick)
Brady, Benton, Bennett, Jaxon .... (all Kristi's)
Cash Register Wren (thank goodness we can finally retire this one!)
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment